Little Wategos Beach
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Little Wategos Beach is a beautiful Byron Bay beach wedding location for small groups. Make the short walk to this pristine beach at the tip of the cape to enjoy fantastic coastal views when you say ‘I do’.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding ceremonies
- Maximum people: 100
Contact the Byron Bay office for venue hire fees and availability.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
Available for hire 7 days a week. The best time to book is from September to May.
Venue not available for exclusive hire
- Bookings required. To make a booking or for more information contact the NPWS Byron Bay office.
- Other Information
Tides and sand movement at Little Wategos Beach may affect:
- The area of sand on the beach
- The number of exposed rocks and boulders
- Beach access
It's a good idea to check tide times before booking.
With its arc of shimmering white sand, Little Wategos Beach is the perfect wedding location for nature lovers. Say your vows in the great outdoors to the sound of seagulls and splashing waves.
Nestled in the curved tip of Cape Byron, this north-facing beach is well protected from prevailing winds and boasts stunning ocean and coastal views. You'll need to make a 600m stroll along Cape Byron walking track to reach Little Wategos Beach. But the extra effort is worth it to escape the hustle and bustle of town on your special day.
When it comes to wedding photos, you're spoiled for choice along this 150m slice of paradise. And if you and your loved ones decide to let your hair down, it's also a great place for a refreshing dip.
- Byron Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6639 8300
- 22 Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $30 per coach up to 30 seats; $57 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $94 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass