Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Thomson Cottage sits on the edge of the rainforest with stunning views of ‘The Pass’ in Byron Bay. Hidden away, this beach accommodation is the perfect getaway.
|Where||5 Brooke Drive, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481 - in Cape Byron State Conservation Area|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, drinking water, showers, toilets, electric power|
Park entry fees are not required to access Thomson Cottage
|Bookings||Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.|
Check in 1:30pm, check out 9:30am. Hourly fees may apply for late check outs.
Thomson Cottage is simply the best of both worlds; nestled between a beautiful white sand beach and luscious rainforest, it's a dream location for the perfect beachside break. The award-winning accommodation is ideal for family or friends looking for an indulgent holiday getaway near Byron Bay on the idyllic north coast.
Hidden within Cape Byron State Conservation Area, the cottage offers privacy with unimaginable views of the famed surf spot 'The Pass'. From the expansive balcony you can watch the waves roll in, check out the local dolphins swim by and even humpback whales in the winter.
Equipped with everything you could possibly need to unwind, this ECO certified property uses solar power and features an energy efficient design.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
NSW National Parks first recorded The Pass midden in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in 1980. And, in 2013, ancient archaeological midden material was repatriated and displayed on Country. Today, along with our Aboriginal community partners, NPWS works to protect The Pass midden, both now and into the future.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Byron Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6639 8300
- 22 Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Coin-operated and credit card payment available.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass