Cape Byron State Conservation Area
The award-winning Imeson Cottage sits right on the beach overlooking one of Byron Bay's most popular surf breaks. If you were any closer to the waves, you'd have sand between your toes.
|Where||155 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481 - in Cape Byron State Conservation Area|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, drinking water, showers, toilets, electric power, balcony, outdoor furniture, kitchen, plates and cutlery, pots and pans, bed linen, air conditioning, tv, towels, washing machine, cot hire, outside shower, rubbish bin|
Park entry fees are not required to access Imeson Cottage
|Bookings||Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.|
Spoil yourself with a stay in your very own beachside accommodation at this ECO certified two-bedroom cottage. Nestled between the bush and beach, at Byron Bay's renown 'The Pass' surf spot in Cape Byron State Conservation Area, you'll feel worlds away from civilisation.
Located just a short drive or stroll from the centre of town, this cottage offers one of the most stunning views of the east coast, all from the comfort of your bedroom, or while you lounge on the balcony.
This unique cottage was used as a holiday shack for close to 100 years, and has been fully renovated to meet every possible need beach goers may have. The jewel in the north coast holiday crown.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
NSW National Parks first recorded The Pass midden in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in 1980. And, in 2013, ancient archaeological midden material was repatriated and displayed on Country. Today, along with our Aboriginal community partners, NPWS works to protect The Pass midden, both now and into the future.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Byron Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6639 8300
- 22 Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse lawn and Information Centre: $10 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $5 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Tap and pay card or phone payments accepted at pay machines. Cash and credit cards accepted at Cape Byron Information Centre.
Coach entry: $30 per coach up to 30 seats; $57 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $94 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass