Partridge Cottage and Geoffs Shed
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
For a classic Aussie beach holiday in unique accommodation, head to Partridge Cottage at Byron Bay. It’s a great base for a weekend getaway or longer holiday.
|Where||145-147 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481 - in Cape Byron State Conservation Area|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, drinking water, showers, toilets, electric power|
Park entry fees are not required to access Partridge Cottage and Geoffs Shed.
|Bookings||Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.|
Check in 1.30pm, check out 9.30am. Hourly fees may apply for late check outs.
For award-winning holiday accommodation with a difference, head to Partridge Cottage in Cape Byron State Conservation Area. This unique cottage recalls the classic Aussie beach holiday and provides a wonderful escape to one of Australia’s premier beach destinations.
Step back in time for a retro beach holiday in this original north coast beach shack and adjoining studio. The cottage has been tastefully renovated to reflect Fifties fashion. With ECO certification, it’s fully equipped with all the modern creature comforts.
There’s direct access to Byron Bay’s main beach and your neighbours are the wildlife residents of Cape Byron State Conservation Area. Wake to water views and the sound of crashing surf, chill at the cottage, relax on the beach or enjoy Byron’s many activities. In the evening, it’s time to cook up a barbecue feast on the deck, with an ocean soundscape.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
NSW National Parks first recorded The Pass midden in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in 1980. And, in 2013, ancient archaeological midden material was repatriated and displayed on Country. Today, along with our Aboriginal community partners, NPWS works to protect The Pass midden, both now and into the future.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Byron Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6639 8300
- 22 Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $29 per coach up to 30 seats; $55 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $91 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass