Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Stay 4, pay 3
Stay 4 nights, pay only 3 nights. Valid for stays between 22 July and 19 September 2019. Subject to availability. Book online.
Mildenhall Cottage at Cape Byron State Conservation Area combines rare beachside privacy with glorious natural surrounds for the perfect Byron Bay weekend getaway.
|Where||149 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay, NSW, 2481 - in Cape Byron State Conservation Area|
|Facilities||Barbecue facilities, drinking water, showers, toilets, electric power|
Park entry fees are not required to access Mildenhall Cottage
|Bookings||Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757|
Check in 1:30pm, check out 9:30am. Hourly fees may apply for late check outs.
With spectacular coastal vistas and direct access to one of Byron’s best beaches, award-winning Mildenhall Cottage is the perfect holiday accommodation for those who love nature and the beach. The cottage is one of four 1920’s-1950’s beach shacks that has been carefully restored to offer modern convenience with ECO certification accreditation, while still retaining its original character, heritage and charm.
The cottage is right on the beach, so you’ll wake to the sound of waves crashing on the golden sand of The Pass. All that is on offer in Byron is close by, take a sea kayak adventure, go snorkelling or diving, check out the lighthouse on a guided tour, or head in to town for a spot of shopping and to pick up supplies.
After a day of exploring the Byron coast or hinterland, you’ll be ready to relax. The verandah is the perfect place to recline with a glass of wine and some cheese as you take in the evening tranquility.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
NSW National Parks first recorded The Pass midden in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in 1980. And, in 2013, ancient archaeological midden material was repatriated and displayed on Country. Today, along with our Aboriginal community partners, NPWS works to protect The Pass midden, both now and into the future.
- Byron Bay office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6639 8300
- Tallow Beach Road, Byron Bay NSW 2481
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Coin-operated and credit card payment available.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy a pass
- Cape Byron Information Centre
02 6639 8300
Contact hours: 9.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day
- 199 Lighthouse Road, Byron Bay NSW 2481
- Email: email@example.com
- Cape Byron Information Centre