Palm Jungle loop track
Royal National Park
A challenging yet spectacular walk, Palm Jungle loop track takes in rainforest, cliff tops, beaches and scenic coastal views in Royal National Park, near Otford.
- Royal National Park
- 10km loop
- Time suggested
- 4 - 6hrs
- Grade 4
- Trip Intention Form
It's a good idea to let someone know where you're going. Fill in a trip intention form to send important details about your trip to your emergency contact.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
Royal National Park opens at 7am. Gates are locked and the park closes at 8.30pm.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There’s an optional detour south along the track from Burning Palms beach to Figure Eight Pools. Always check the tides as the pools are only accessible at low tide and waves can wash across the pools.
- Organise a pickup at Otford if you plan to continue south, at the left hand turn, near Werrong lookout.
This challenging track offers the best of all worlds in the southern reaches of Royal National Park. Near Otford, Palm Jungle loop track meanders through coastal rainforest, beaches and cliff tops offering spectacular ocean views and swimming. It’s perfect for bushwalkers who love to pack an adventure into a day trip.
From Garawarra Farm, the track leads through towering forests of gums and graceful angophoras. Descending the steep Burgh Ridge, stop and absorb the brilliant panoramic views along the dramatic coastline. Joining The Coast track, veer right past historic beach shacks to Burning Palms beach. It’s a great spot for a refreshing dip and a scenic picnic lunch.
The track winds through a jungle of lush palms to Werrong lookout; a rocky outcrop with magnificent views. At the track junction, take a right through shady woodlands back to your car or turn left towards Otford.
Take a virtual tour of Palm Jungle loop track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
The conservation and coastal engravings project in the Royal National Park is working to preserve one of the region’s finest expressions of Aboriginal culture: the Jibbon Headland Aboriginal engravings. A new boardwalk and viewing platform limit the foot access that was damaging the engravings, while encroaching soil and vegetation are being removed.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass