Kolety walking tracks
Murray Valley Regional Park
Kolety walking tracks are a hidden oasis at Murray Valley Regional Park, in Deniliquin. Take an easy, dog-friendly stroll through river red gum forest to enjoy colourful birdlife or a riverside picnic.
- 1.3km loop
- Time suggested
- 20 - 25min
- Grade 2
- What to
- Drinking water, sturdy shoes, suitable clothing, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- For a shorter walk, you can take a shortcut along Centre track.
- Please lock the gate latch on entry and exit
This 1.3km circuit, which combines Ringbark and River tracks, is popular with locals keen to stretch their legs and walk their dogs. The wide array of birds also makes this area a drawcard for birdwatchers.
Breathe in the fresh air as you follow the natural forest paths. Keep an eye out for kangaroos and the green flash of superb parrots in the trees. Spring is the best time to see the rich birdlife, including yellow and eastern rosellas, red-rumped parrots, galahs and sulphur crested cockatoos.
Glimpse the Edward River, and follow the short detour to the river’s edge where you can dip your feet in the water or cast a fishing line. Pack lunch and enjoy river views from the picnic tables along Ringbark track.
This small patch of bushland is also home to Aboriginal cultural heritage sites. Bush foods important for the local community grow among the gum and kurrajong trees.
Stay at nearby Willoughbys Beach campground and explore more of the park and Edward River by canoe or kayak or along scenic Gulpa Island drive. Hire or BYO bike and hit the Deniliquin mountain bike trails.
Camp by the river at one of 3 campgrounds in the Deniliquin area of Murray Valley Regional Park. Perfect for families, go fishing, walking and bike riding.
Deniliquin mountain bike trails
Ride Deniliquin mountain bike trails in Murray Valley Regional Park. This popular singletrack cycling network is perfect for intermediate riders.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
NSW National Parks app
Download the NSW National Parks app to start exploring more than 225 parks from your pocket.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley Regional Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Things to do (16)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (9)
- Canoeing/paddling (6)
- Cycling (3)
- Fishing (7)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (8)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (4)
- Swimming (5)
- Walking (10)