Gulpa Island drive
Murray Valley National Park
Scenic Gulpa Island drive takes you through the towering river red gums of Murray Valley National Park and Regional Park. There are plenty of scenic views to enjoy along this drive and plenty of places to stop for a walk to stretch your legs.
- Murray Valley National Park
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars and camera to capture the wonderful birds of the wetlands – a bird identification book might also be handy
- Please make sure you exercise caution when swimming in rivers as there may be strong currents. Do not dive into the river as there can be submerged logs and the water may be shallow.
- Check the weather before you set out as roads within Murray Valley National Park may be closed during wet weather
- This park is in a remote location, please ensure you are thoroughly prepared, bring appropriate clothing and equipment and advise a family member or friend of your travel plans.
This scenic drive takes you through the towering river red gums of the northern part of Murray Valley National Park and Regional Park. There are places to stop along the way to stretch your legs, try the Gulpa Creek walk or you could even paddle your kayak along sections of the river.
When you’re feeling hungry, stop for a picnic lunch at one of the many tranquil and scenic spots along the drive such as Edward River Bridge picnic area. Time moves slowly in this special place; take as long as you like to explore it or stay overnight at Edward River Bridge campground.
Remember to bring your binoculars, this part of the park is great for birdwatching or head to Reed Beds Bird Hide boardwalk for the best opportunities to see migratory birds.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is an innovative conservation program in NSW. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Moama office
03 5483 9100
Contact hours: April to September, Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3pm. October to March, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- Email: email@example.com
- Moama office