Reed Beds Bird Hide boardwalk
Murray Valley National Park
It’s an easy walk along the boardwalk to Reed Beds Bird Hide, with fun things to do along the way. Listen to see how many different bird calls you can hear on the way.
- 1km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 2
- What to
- Hat, drinking water, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars and a bird identification book.
Reed Beds Bird Hide at Mathoura is a birdwatcher’s paradise; with different birds to see every time you visit, you’ll never grow tired of this pretty place.
Take your camera for a stunning photo of an eastern great egret or a musk duck thrashing in the water to attract a mate. Walking along the boardwalk look for yellow rosellas and superb wrens or watch at the edge of the water for the purple swamphen.
Turn over the bird panels as you stroll along the boardwalk; check out which birds are vegetarians and which prefers frogs, find out who honks like a goose but soars like an eagle.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (9)
- Aboriginal culture (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (6)
- Canoeing/paddling (5)
- Fishing (4)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (4)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (3)
- Swimming (3)
- Walking (6)