Reed Beds Bird Hide boardwalk
Murray Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Reed Beds Bird Hide boardwalk.
Grade 2Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Reed Beds Bird Hide is in the Moira precinct of Murray Valley National Park. To get there:
- Follow the signs from Mathoura on Cobb Highway to Reed Beds Bird Hide
- After turning onto Jones Street, cross Poleys Bridge and continue along Picnic Point Road, turning right after 4km
Park entry points
- Bird Hide carpark See on map
Parking and bus parking is available at Reed Beds Bird Hide
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murray Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The perfect time for a camping holiday: the days are cooler and the nights are not yet too chilly.
If it's been a wet winter white ibis and straw necked ibis will be nesting from late winter through to spring.
A great time for water activities on the Murray - swimming in the river is a delightful way to spend your time.
The morning light sparkles on the river; try your hand at fishing for Murray cray.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 32°C
3°C and 17°C
August to October
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731