Gulpa Island drive
Murray Valley National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gulpa Island drive.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Gulpa Island drive is in the Gulpa Island precinct of Murray Valley National Park. To get there:
- From Mathoura, cross Poley’s Bridge and continue on Millewa Road.
- After about 5km, turn left onto Tocumwal Road.
- Turn left just past Edwards Bridge and continue along the drive
Park entry points
- Poley's Bridge See on map
Parking is available at various sites along the drive.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Murray Valley National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
The perfect time for a camping holiday: the days are cooler and the nights are not yet too chilly.
If it's been a wet winter white ibis and straw necked ibis will be nesting from late winter through to spring.
A great time for water activities on the Murray - swimming in the river is a delightful way to spend your time.
The morning light sparkles on the river; try your hand at fishing for Murray cray.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
12°C and 32°C
3°C and 17°C
August to October
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
- Wheelchairs can access this area with some difficulty
Dogs are not permitted in Murray Valley National Park however they may be brought into Murray Valley Regional Park, as long as park restrictions surrounding dogs are observed.
If you're transiting through the national park on a public road, pets must remain within the vehicle.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Moama office
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm. Closed 12pm to 1pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731