Edward River canoe and kayak trail
Murray Valley National Park
Edward River canoe and kayak trail in Murray Valley National Park is a great paddling spot with camping, picnic, and swimming opportunities. It's also equipped with a wheelchair-accessible kayak launch.
- Murray Valley National Park
- 61km of trails
- Time suggested
- 2 days
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There's a wheelchair-accessible kayak launch at Edward River Bridge to help people with mobility restrictions get in and out of the water safely.
- Tent-based camping along Edward River is free
Kayaking or canoeing Edward River in Murray Valley National Park is a great adventure that awaits you. Spend a few hours on the river, a whole day, or organise a multi-day journey and camp as you go at various places along the way. There are so many options.
Edward River is a peaceful, lesser-known alternative to the nearby Murray River, so it’s ideal for paddlers of all age groups and experience levels. It also allows you to escape the summer crowds that can flock to Murray River during the holidays and over long weekends. Along Edward River canoe and kayak trail are beaches and swimming spots, which are great places to stop and have a picnic.
Edward River lies within the traditional lands of the Wamba Wamba and Perrepa Perrepa Nations. The traditional name for the river is ‘Kolety’ (pronounced ‘kol-etch’).
Sculpture in the Red Gums is in Murray Valley Regional Park at Edward River Bridge picnic area. It’s a unique way to learn about the rich history of the many different ways people use forests.
On your next visit to Murray Valley Regional Park, enjoy kayaking or canoeing using the wheelchair-accessible launch at Edward River Bridge picnic area.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- Moama office
- April to September, Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 3pm. October to March, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 03 5483 9100
- Factory 5, Lot 8 Bowlan Road, Moama NSW 2731
- in Murray Valley National Park in the Murray-Riverina region
Murray Valley National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger