Gummigurrah walking track
Bundjalung National Park
Situated near Evans Head in Bundjalung National Park, Gummigurrah walking track winds through rainforest and heathlands, offering birdwatching and scenic river views.
- Bundjalung National Park
- 3.3km loop
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
After a leisurely lunch at Gummigurrah picnic area, put on your hiking boots for a medium walk along the picturesque Evans River. Located close to the Evans Head entrance, Gummigurrah walking track is your ideal introduction to the diverse delights of Bundjalung National Park on the north coast.
Passing through open woodland, lush rainforest and heathlands, you’ll discover mangrove-lined creeks and scenic river islands. Arriving at a shady glen, stop for lovely views overlooking the river. Perfect for birdwatching, you might see pied oystercatchers, white-bellied sea eagles and brahminy kites.
The Gummigurrah area was once used as a winter camp for the Bundjalung people and the remains of a midden can be seen near the end of the walking track. Why not bring the canoe for a paddle along Canoe Evans River paddle route.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Alstonville office
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch, 12pm to 1pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Bundjalung National Park in the North Coast region
Bundjalung National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass