Jerusalem Creek walk
Bundjalung National Park
Keep your eyes peeled for birds nesting along the creek along the Jerusalem Creek walk. Enjoy the hike as a day walk or shorter walk and finish up with a picnic lunch.
- Bundjalung National Park
- 10.3km loop
- Time suggested
- 3 - 4hrs
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- There are barbecue and picnic facilities at Black Rocks campground and Booroora picnic area
Jerusalem Creek walk traces the water’s journey to its connection with the sea. This is an important wetland area for many shorebirds, which roost and nest along the creek banks. Watch out for the pied oystercatcher and beach stone-curlew.
The full circuit is nearly 10.3km, so it makes a nice day walk, but if you’re feeling like a shorter hike, you can take the easier option of starting and finishing from Black Rocks campground.
Make sure you take a picnic or barbecue hamper to enjoy a feast at Booroora picnic area when you’ve finished the walk. Bring the canoe for a paddle along Jerusalem Creek paddle route or pack the tent and stay overnight at Black Rocks campground.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Alstonville office
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm. Closed for lunch, 12pm to 1pm.
- 02 6627 0200
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- in Bundjalung National Park in the North Coast region
Bundjalung National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass