Iluka Rainforest walking track
Iluka Nature Reserve
Iluka Rainforest walking track takes you on an easy stroll through lush rainforest. Unpack a picnic when you arrive at Iluka Bluff in Bundjalung National Park and enjoy stunning views and a swim.
- Iluka Nature Reserve
- 2.6km one-way
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr 30min
- Grade 2
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Iluka Rainforest walking track may be closed in periods of extreme weather
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
Suitable for all ages, this short walk takes you through Iluka Nature Reserve, offering a fantastic way to see the vibrant life of the rainforest up close.
As you leave the township of Iluka, it’s extraordinary how quickly you’re transported back in time in this ancient rainforest ecosystem. It’s no wonder it’s part of the World Heritage-listed Gondwana rainforests. You'll pass yet another beautiful, large strangler fig ahead, intertwined with ferns and vines as it reaches up towards the tall canopy overhead. If you walk quietly, you might see or hear the brightly coloured noisy pitta and the sharp crack of the whipbird.
After a leisurely stroll, you’ll arrive at Iluka Bluff lookout in Bundjalung National park. Bask in the panoramic views and bring binoculars; it's a great spot for picnicking and whale watching in the winter months. In the warmer months, why not have a swim or a snorkel by the beach before you head back to Iluka?
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Woody Head Campground
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed 1pm to 5pm Christmas Day.
- 02 6646 6134
- 92 Woody Head Road, Woody Head NSW 2466
- in Iluka Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Iluka Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.