Iluka Rainforest walking track
All the practical information you need to know about Iluka Rainforest walking track.
Features of this track
30min - 1hr 30min
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track: The walk is 1-2m wide and gravel for roughly two-thirds of the track. It then becomes hard-packed ground in the northern part of the walk.
Pinch points: There may be points where the track narrows due to rocks, tree roots and plants.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Iluka Rainforest Walk starts from the corner of Long and Crown streets in the township of Iluka. You can also start the track from the Iluka Bluff carpark, which is approximately 500m off Iluka Road on an unsealed road, just near the golf course.
Parking is available at Iluka Rainforest walking track, halfway along Iluka Bluff Road, including 1 accessible parking spot. It can be a busy place on the weekend, so parking might be limited.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Iluka Nature Reserve. Here are some of the highlights.
A great time to for a bit of beach fishing as the travelling winter species move closer to the shore.
Experience the spring fragrances of the rainforest and the diversity of local birdlife.
Head straight to Iluka Bluff and immerse yourself in the glistening waters - water activities like swimming, snorkelling and surfing await you.
Take in the panoramic views from Iluka Bluff and keep your eyes out for whales migrating north along the coast.
There's an ambulant toilet at Iluka Bluff picnic area where the walk ends.
Seats and resting points
There's a timber bench around a fifth of the way along the track if starting from Long Street.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - hard
Iluka Rainforest walking track is flat and step-free, with some accessible facilities:
- There's an accessible parking spot haflway along Iluka Bluff Road
- There's a bench seat where you can rest around a fifth of the way along the track (if starting the walk from Long Road)
- There's an ambulant (but not wheelchair-accessible) toilet at Iluka Bluff picnic area where this walk ends
There are some parts of the walk where people with reduced mobility may need assistance:
- There are points where the track may narrow due to rocks, tree roots and plants
- Assistance may be required on the hard-packed ground and gravel surface of the track
- Woody Head Campground
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed 1pm to 5pm Christmas Day.
- 02 6646 6134
- 92 Woody Head Road, Woody Head NSW 2466
- in Iluka Nature Reserve in the North Coast region
Iluka Nature Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.