Iluka Bluff lookout
Bundjalung National Park
Stay as long as you like to enjoy the views at Iluka Bluff lookout, near Yamba. Not only is it an excellent whale watching spot, it’s also a great place to picnic.
- Bundjalung National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- It’s about a ten minute walk from the carpark to the lookout via a set of steps.
- Park entry fees do not apply if you're visiting Iluka Bluff.
The platform at Iluka Bluff lookout is perfectly positioned for an aerial view of the entire Bundjalung area, complete with a soundscape of waves crashing on to the rocky bluff walls below.
The mouth of one of the region’s largest waterways, the Clarence River, lies just south and to the north you’ll see glorious beaches and Woody Head.
It’s great place to see dolphins cruising around near the mouth of the river and whales on the annual migration along the coast, so be sure to take your binoculars.
Stop for a quick look on your travels along the north coast or bring a picnic and stay for longer, there is an undercover picnic shelter a short walk from the lookout.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Woody Head Campground
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed 1pm to 5pm Christmas Day.
- 02 6646 6134
- 92 Woody Head Road, Woody Head NSW 2466
- in Bundjalung National Park in the North Coast region
Bundjalung National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day.Buy annual pass