Plateau Circuit loop trail
Cycle through lush subtropical rainforest and eucalypt forest. See spectacular waterfalls and enjoy beautiful picnic and swimming spots, close to Coffs Harbour.
- 26km loop
- Time suggested
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited water available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- It’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Bindarri National Park can become boggy when it rains
- This park is in a remote location. Please be well-prepared and tell a family member or friend about your travel plans.
- There's no mobile reception in this park
Immerse yourself in this remote landscape and spend the day exploring on your mountain bike. Just a short drive from Coffs Harbour, you’ll see beautiful scenery while cycling along the gentle gravel roads of Bindarri National Park and the adjacent Bindarri State Conservation Area.
Pack a picnic lunch and make sure you’re prepared with plenty of water and a tool kit, as you’re heading into the remote yet beautiful corners of the park.
Head to Bangalore Falls picnic area and follow the short walking track to see beautiful cascading waters. Then, continue riding through lush subtropical rainforest to Urumbilum picnic area. Admire the majestic hoop pines, lush subtropical rainforest and spectacular gorge scenery along the way.
Take a moment to explore Urumbilum Creek gorge below the picnic area on foot. The spectacular waterfall that drops away into a large, natural amphitheatre and deep pool makes for great photography.
Orara Escarpment 4WD touring route
Orara Escarpment 4WD touring route goes from Coffs Harbour through pristine forest, with spectacular waterfalls and idyllic picnic and swimming spots along the way.
Bangalore Falls walking track
Bangalore Falls is a must-see destination with superb waterfall views from the lookout, just a short walk along an easy walking track, and a great place for a picnic.
Bindarray picnic area
Escape the crowds and head to Bindarray picnic area. Enjoy 4WD touring, birdwatching, wildlife watching, swimming, liloing, paddling and picnicking by Urumbilum River.
Subscribe to Naturescapes
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Bindarri National Park in the North Coast region
Bindarri National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- in Bindarri State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Things to do (20)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (5)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (4)
- Fishing (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (3)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (1)
- Sightseeing (12)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (2)
- Walking (13)
- Waterfalls (10)