Bindarray picnic area
Bindarri National Park
Escape the crowds and head to Bindarray picnic area. Enjoy 4WD touring, birdwatching, wildlife watching, swimming, liloing, paddling and picnicking by Urumbilum River.
- Picnic areas
- Bindarri National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Bindarray picnic area can become impassable due to a flooding river crossing when it rains
- A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters
Looking for something to do with the kids, far away from the holiday crowds? Then pack a picnic and head to Bindarray picnic area, where you’ll find a relaxing place to picnic on the banks of the sparkling Urumbilum River.
The whole family will enjoy swimming in river pools and the kids will love spotting frogs and, if they’re lucky, they might even see a platypus in the clear waters.
For birdwatchers, there’s plenty to see. Keep an ear out for the bubbling ‘wom-poo’ call of the wompoo fruit-dove and look out for its multi-coloured plumage among the Bangalow palms. You’ll also see other fruit-loving birds like green catbird, white-headed pigeon, brown cuckoo-dove and fig bird.
Stop for a refreshing swim on your way along Orara Escarpment 4WD touring route, or come for the day and laze away the afternoon by the crystal clear waters.
Cycle through lush subtropical rainforest and eucalypt forest. See spectacular waterfalls and enjoy beautiful picnic and swimming spots, close to Coffs Harbour.
Bangalore Falls is a must-see destination with superb waterfall views from the lookout, just a short walk along an easy walking track, and a great place for a picnic.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Coffs Harbour office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6652 0900
- 4/32 Edgar St, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
- in Bindarri National Park in the North Coast region
Bindarri National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.