Wollemi National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Newnes campground.
Getting there and parking
Newnes campground is on the western side of Wollemi National Park. To get there:
- Turn off the Castlereagh Highway at Lidsdale, 7km west of Lithgow
- Newnes is 35km from the turnoff
- Access to the other campground on the opposite side of the Wolgan river is by walking or driving across the ford near the Newnes Hotel - take care as the river levels can rise rapidly
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- 4WD required in wet weather
Parking is available at Newnes campground.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Wollemi National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
With its softer light, autumn is the perfect time of year to head out to photograph or paint Wollemi's extraordinary landscapes.
With the temperature warming up, dig out the canoe and head to picturesque Ganguddy (Dunns swamp) for a cruise along the waterways.
Escape the heat and join an illuminating tour of the Glow Worm tunnel.
- Water is not available at this campground. Remember to treat or boil all water taken from creeks in the park.
- Please take your rubbish with you when you leave.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Firewood is not supplied and collecting firewood in the park is not permitted.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.