Applies from Sat 17 Oct 2020, 10.59pm. Last reviewed: Wed 11 May 2022, 11.04am
Closed areas: North Head partial closure
Some parts of North Head in Sydney Harbour National Park are closed due to fire damage and geological instability. The closed areas include:
- Bluefish Point
- Wastewater Treatment Plant emergency access road
- Fairfax lookouts
The following areas are closed while upgrades are underway:
- North Head Scenic Drive is closed to vehicles from NPWS carpark 1 from Monday 25 October 2021 to July 2022.
- Fairfax walking track is closed from Monday 18 October to September 2022.
- NPWS carparks 1 and 2 are closed until July 2022
- There is no bus or large vehicle access past Q station
These closures may be extended without notice.
Open areas include:
- Q Station
- North Head Sanctuary and Bella Vista Cafe (entry via North Fort)
- Parking areas at North Fort
- The track between Shelly Beach and Bluefish Drive
- Bluefish Drive to the Avenue of Honour
- Collins Flat Beach
- Collins Beach Road
Do not enter the closed areas. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) or Sydney North area office on 02 9451 3479 between 9.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Affects 1 park and 3 locations nearby.