Middle Head Officers Quarters
Sydney Harbour National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Middle Head Officers Quarters.
Getting there and parking
Middle Head Officers Quarters is located in the Middle Head area of Sydney Harbour National Park, near Mosman. To get there:
- From Mosman, follow Middle Head Road until you reach the boom gate at the end of the road.
- You‘ll get a gate code after you book. Enter the code and continue along Governors Road for around 120m.
- Middle Head Officers Quarters is the white weatherboard building behind the wooden fence on your left.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available for up to 2 cars per cottage.
The paid carpark just before the boom gate is under the care of Sydney Harbour Federation Trust. NPWS passes are not valid in this carpark. Please check signs carefully.
There are 2 semi-detached cottages. Each cottage is fully self-contained and includes:
- 2 bedrooms: 1 king bed and 2 king single beds.
- 1 bathroom with a hot shower and flush toilet.
- Lounge room with dining table.
- Kitchen with a fridge, electric oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee plunger and tea strainer.
- Crockery, glassware and cutlery.
- Electric heater and fan.
- Flush toilets
- Hot showers
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
- Bridges Residence is wheelchair-accessible, and has a wheelchair-accessible toilet and shower.
- Morris Residence is not wheelchair-accessible.
- A wheelchair-accessible ramp leads to both cottages.
- Some bush tracks around the area will require assistance.
Medium access presents some minor difficulties, such as a grassy surface. You may require a little assistance to get around in some areas.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Please don’t play amplified music
- No parties or events
Camp fires and solid fuel burners
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- in Sydney Harbour National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Sydney Harbour National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
Bradleys Head carpark: $8 per vehicle per day. North Head carpark: $5 per vehicle per day. There are pay and display machines that accept cards and coins - no change given. Chowder Bay Road parking: Monday-Friday: $3 per hour, to a maximum of $16 per day. Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays: $4 per hour, to a maximum of $20 per day. If you hold an NPWS All Parks or Multi Parks Pass, you can park free for up to four hours per day - additional time can be purchased. Car parks operated by Sydney Harbour Federation Trust or Mosman Council are not covered by your pass. Please check signs carefully.
Landing fees or tour fees apply to visit Sydney Harbour islands. All public visitors to Shark, Clark or Rodd Island, need to pay a $7 per person landing fee. To arrange, please contact 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS). Annual NSW Parks Passes do not cover landing fees.Buy annual pass