Gloucester Falls walking track
Barrington Tops National Park
Short and easy Gloucester Falls walking track, with waterfall views, scenic lookouts, and birdwatching opportunities, makes for a great family day trip to Barrington Tops National Park.
- 1.8km loop
- Time suggested
- 1hr - 1hr 30min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Gloucester River and Gloucester Tops may be inaccessible during wet weather
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
When you’re hankering to get out of town, Gloucester Falls walking track is a perfect family day trip to the magnificent Gloucester Tops area in Barrington Tops National Park, near Gloucester. The kids will love the change of scenery with wonderful views of spectacular forests, mountains, and waterfalls on this short and easy walk.
From Gloucester Falls picnic area, the track leads through sub-alpine woodlands of snow gums to Andrew Laurie lookout where you can gaze across Gloucester River, and rugged tree-lined gorges to the Mountaineer peak in the east. A second lookout offers scenic vistas of the picturesque Gloucester Falls where the river plunges over the plateau to the valley below. The twin drops are breathtaking after rain.
Take a virtual tour of Gloucester Falls walking track captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.