Gloucester Falls picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
A family friendly day trip, Gloucester Falls picnic area offers walking, picnicking, rainforest, and waterfalls in Barrington Tops National Park, between Stroud and Gloucester.
- Picnic areas
- Barrington Tops National Park
- Please note
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Gloucester River and Gloucester Tops may be inaccessible during wet weather.
- Remember to bring your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
Deep in the Gloucester Tops in Barrington Tops National Park, this picnic area is a great base for exploring the surrounding unique rainforest. Gloucester Falls picnic area is a perfect destination for a family day trip where you’ll be walking through ancient forests and past glorious waterfalls.
Not far from Gloucester Tops picnic area, there are several small picnic spots dotted among snow and mountain gums. Nearby, a network of wonderful short walks is combined in scenic Gloucester Tops circuit walk. This medium walk takes in Antarctic beech trees, Gloucester Falls, and magnificent views across a variety of landscapes.
As you unpack the picnic hamper in your own secluded spot, the call of the eastern whip-bird might be heard echoing through the trees. Nearby interpretive signs will help you make the most of your visit to this spectacular, historic wilderness area.
Take a virtual tour of Gloucester Falls picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.