Gloucester Tops picnic area
Barrington Tops National Park
Gloucester Tops picnic area is a great place to enjoy a picnic or barbecue lunch. It’s close to some of the best short walks in Barrington Tops National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Barrington Tops National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Check the weather before you set out as the road to Gloucester River and Gloucester Tops may be inaccessible during wet weather.
- Remember to bring your binoculars if you want to birdwatch.
If you’re looking for a relaxing and refreshing day out head to Gloucester Tops picnic area. Not far from Gloucester, it’s a great base for exploring the unbelievably beautiful walks in the eastern part of Barrington Tops National Park.
Choose from the easy Gloucester Falls walking track or River walking track or try the Antarctic Beech Forest walking track. If you’re after a longer walk, you can combine all three together to make the Gloucester Tops circuit that will take around 4 hours to complete. You’re bound to enjoy the scenery and be sure to keep an eye out for some of the park’s resident birds.
The picnic area has tables so make sure you bring some tasty lunch to enjoy before or after a stroll in the park.
Take a virtual tour of Gloucester Tops picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- Gloucester office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6538 5300
- 59 Church Street, Gloucester NSW 2422
- in Barrington Tops National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
Barrington Tops National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.