Girrakool loop track
Brisbane Water National Park
A lovely way to finish a barbecue, the Girrakool loop track is a short and easy walk through bushland, featuring an Aboriginal rock engraving site and scenic waterfalls.
- Brisbane Water National Park
- 2km loop
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- The Girrakool picnic area car park is open 9am-5pm
Girrakool loop track is a short and easy walk that starts and finishes at Girrakool picnic area. It offers scenic views over waterfalls and is full of colourful wildflowers during late winter and early spring.
At the start of the walk, be sure to check out the Aboriginal rock engraving site, take care not to walk over it though. From here, you’ll wind down into bushland, past views of forest, waterfalls and the creek. Make sure you stop at Illoura lookout and the shady waterfall at Andamira lookout for a photo or two.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas within the park close of an evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 9am to 5pm every day
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass