Girrakool loop track
Brisbane Water National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Girrakool loop track.
Features of this track
30min - 1hr
Quality of markings
Clearly sign posted
No experience required
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Girrakool loop track is located in the northern section of Brisbane Water National Park.
To get there from the F3 Highway:
- Exit Central Coast Highway towards Gosford
- Take the first left onto Wisemans Ferry Road
- Take the first left onto Old Pacific Highway
- Take the first left onto Quarry Road
- The picnic area, where the trail begins, is through the tunnel and straight ahead.
Parking is available at Girrakool picnic area, including several designated disabled spots. Please be aware of the carpark opening hours; gates are locked at closing.
Maps and downloads
- Girrakool office
- Monday to Friday, hours vary.
- 02 4320 4200
- 59 Girrakool Rd, Somersby, NSW 2250
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas in Brisbane Water National Park close in the evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 7am to 6pm at other times
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay machines that accept both card and coins, or you can pay via the Park'nPay app.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass