Bundabulla circuit walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
Bundabulla circuit walking track connects several walking tracks together. It offers a terrific bushwalking experience with places to picnic along the way and views of Mount Kaputar and surrounds.
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- 3.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 2 - 3hrs
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
Walk as much or as little as you like around the Mount Kaputar plateau on the Bundabulla circuit walking track. The entire circuit links several shorter walks, Lindsay Rock Tops walk, Eckford lookout walk, Bundabulla link track, and Dawsons Springs Nature trail with places to picnic and terrific views of Mount Kaputar and surrounds.Following Lindsay Rock Tops walk, turn right at the signposted junction; you’ll know you’re on the right path when you pass fragrant tea tree scrub and a small bridge.
From here, the self-guided walk passes through a variety of vegetation types and rock formations, with grey kangaroos and wallaroos feeding in the undergrowth. Expect to see grassy plains and heath flowers, particularly in springtime, and lava flow remains near the lookout.
Bundabulla and Horsearm lookouts are superb spots for viewing wedge-tailed eagles, so don’t forget the camera. You might even see one of the famous pink slugs and carnivorous native snails if the weather is on the cold side. Pack a picnic lunch and extend your walk by linking the circuit to several other exhilarating walks.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.