Bundabulla circuit walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bundabulla circuit walking track.
Grade 3Learn more about the grading system Features of this track
2 - 3hrs
Quality of markings
Short steep hills
Quality of path
No experience required
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Bundabulla circuit walking track is in the Kaputar Plateau precinct of Mount Kaputar National Park. To get there:
- Follow Kaputar Road from the park entrance for 20km of steep, single-lane road until you reach the T-junction, where you turn right.
- Lindsay Rocks carpark is 500m on the left
- Alternatively, Eckford lookout carpark is a further 600m up the hill.
Park entry points
- Dawsons Spring picnic area See on map
- Eckfords carpark See on map
- Lindsay Rock Tops picnic area See on map
Parking is available at Lindsay Rocks carpark, Eckford carpark and Dawsons Spring.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Experience the mist surrounding the high plateau area and enjoy the beauty of the occasional blanketing of snow. Be prepared for the temperatures about 10°C cooler than in the nearby town of Narrabri.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.