Charlotte Pass Ski Resort and Kosciuszko Chalet Hotel
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Charlotte Pass Ski Resort and Kosciuszko Chalet Hotel.
Getting there and parking
Charlotte Pass is in the Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there from Jindabyne:
- Charlotte Pass Ski Resort is snowbound in winter, with access by oversnow transport (fees apply)
- Leave Jindabyne on Kosciuszko Road, then turn left onto Alpine Way toward Thredbo
- Travel 17km to the turn-off for Bullocks Flat Skitube Terminal, outside the national park
- Take the Skitube to Perisher Valley (fees apply)
- Charlotte Pass Guest Services Office is in the Perisher Valley Skitube Terminal, at the far end of the ground floor of the terminal building. Oversnow transport departs from here. Book on 02 6457 5315.
- Leave Jindabyne on Kosciuszko Road and follow for around 33km to Perisher Valley
- Charlotte Pass is just 8km beyond Perisher on Kosciuszko Road
Winter road access
Road closures Perisher to Charlotte Pass
- Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass from June to October long weekends.
- You can use the free overnight parking at Bullocks Flat Skitube terminal, off Alpine Way (no park entry fees in this section of Alpine Way). Then ride the Skitube to Perisher and Blue Cow resorts.
- Charlotte Pass oversnow transport departs from Perisher Skitube terminal.
It’s compulsory for all 2WD vehicles to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Island Bend/Guthega Road for its full length
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
The Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) recommends snow chains are carried by all vehicles driving in the park in winter, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather.
In winter there's no car access to Charlotte Pass Ski Resort. Instead, park for free at Bullocks Flat Skitube, off Alpine Way, and take the Skitube to Perisher Valley where the Oversnow transport will take you to Charlotte Pass.
NSW TrainLink Regional train and coach services run between Sydney and Cooma, Jindabyne and Bombala, via Canberra, with additional services between Sydney and Tumut and Tumbarumba, via Cootamundra. For more information on public transport to and around the Snowy Mountains check Transport NSW.
- Flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas. The alpine resorts of Thredbo, Perisher, Charlotte Pass, Selwyn, Ski Rider and Kosciuszko Tourist Park are exempt, though some commercial and outdoor places within these resorts may have no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass