Kingfisher Pool picnic area
Heathcote National Park
A visit to this Sutherland picnic spot, located at Kingfisher Pool campground in Heathcote National Park, near Waterfall, offers birdwatching, bushwalking and swimming.
- Picnic areas
- Heathcote National Park
- What to
- Drinking water, cooking water, hat, sunscreen, binoculars
Located near the intimate Kingfisher Pool campground, Kingfisher Pool picnic area is a beautiful place to stop for lunch while exploring Heathcote National Park, near Waterfall. Situated along Bullawarring walking track, this walk-in picnic spot is perfect for a break on a longer walk or a quick nature getaway.
Kingfisher Pool picnic area involves an energetic bushwalk, so you’ll have certainly earned a break. While the facilities here include picnic tables, it’s the natural amenities that are most remarkable. A pristine freshwater stream – fringed by Gymea lilies, tea trees and waxflowers – beckons when the weather is hot. Dangle your feet in the water, go swimming, or simply enjoy some birdwatching.
Once you’re done for the day, return the way you came or continue along the track and return via Mooray walking track. Alternatively, you can continue on to Pipeline trail and Goburra track to join Oliver Street to Heathcote train station.
Take a virtual tour of Kingfisher Pool picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Heathcote National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Heathcote National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.