Kingfisher Pool picnic area
Heathcote National Park
All the practical information you need to know about the Kingfisher Pool picnic area.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Kingfisher Pool picnic area is located in the middle of Heathcote National Park, north-west of Waterfall train station in the Sutherland shire. To get there from southern Waterfall:
- Turn right onto Kooraban Street, Waterfall.
- After the ramp, turn right onto Warabin Street.
- Park at the end of Warabin Street and walk into the park via the signposted Bullawarring track—it’s about a 1.5km/1hour walk (one-way) to get to the picnic area.
- Sealed roads
- No vehicle access
- All weather
There is no vehicle access to the picnic area. Parking is available at Warabin Street, Waterfall.
Best times to visit
Heathcote National Park offers an exceptional visit all year round. You're sure to find a walk, tour, activity or attraction to appeal, regardless of the season.
Visit Heathcote National Park in spring to see blooming Gymea lilies give a scarlet glow to the gullies.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
16°C and 27°C
6°C and 17°C
-0.6° C (1968)
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
- You'll need to bring your own drinking and cooking water
- We encourage you to bring your own portable gas stove if you'll be cooking
- There are no toilet facilities available until further notice. The closest facilities are at Waterfall train station.
Maps and downloads
Pets and domestic animals (other than certified assistance animals) are not permitted. Find out which regional parks allow dog walking and see the pets in parks policy for more information.
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Audley, NSW 2232
- in Heathcote National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Heathcote National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.