Kingfisher Pool campground
Heathcote National Park
This campground is closed until 21 January 2020 due to fire damage. Discover some of Sydney's most secluded campsites at Kingfisher Pool campground in Heathcote National Park. As well as camping, it's great for swimming and hiking.
|Camping type||Tent, Remote/backpack camping|
|What to bring||Drinking water, cooking water, fuel stove|
Kingfisher Pool campground is located in the middle of Heathcote National Park, north west of Waterfall train station. The campground itself is positioned about 50m above the tranquil Kingfisher Pool.
You can access the site by foot only, as Heathcote National Park is a vehicle-free area. It’s quite a long walk along the Bullawarring walking track to the campground, so be sure to take plenty of water and a topographic map with you.
The campground has a maximum capacity of 18 campers, making for a peaceful bush atmosphere.
Take a virtual tour of Kingfisher Pool campground captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Royal National Park Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9542 0648
- 1300 072 757 for campground and cottage bookings
- 2 Lady Carrington Drive, Royal National Park, NSW 2232
- in Heathcote National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Heathcote National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.