Tunnel View lookout
Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
Located near Glenbrook in Blue Mountains National Park, Tunnel View lookout features scenic views of heritage train tunnels, wildflowers and birdwatching.
- Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
If you’re driving into the Glenbrook area, the gates are open:
- First Sunday in October to first Sunday in April 8.30am to 7pm
- Rest of year 8.30am to 6pm
- Please note
- This is an unfenced lookout so please take extra care, especially with small children.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, please ensure you are well prepared for your visit.
With marvellous views across to Glenbrook and as far as Kurrajong, almost 50km away, Tunnel View lookout is a great destination for sweeping valley vistas, birdwatching and wildflowers. Situated in the Glenbrook region of Blue Mountains National Park, it’s a popular lookout for all ages and harbours a special treat for train buffs.
From the unfenced lookout, gaze across to train-line cutting and you’ll see the two historic tunnels, constructed in 1911. Beyond all this, look for the basalt capped mountains of Mount Banks and Mount Tomah.
In the warmer months you’ll see the creamy spikes of the woody pears as well as the delicate white blossoms of the flannel flower. In May, mixed feeding flocks of migrating red wattlebirds, honey eaters and noisy friarbirds congregate around here.
Take a virtual tour of Tunnel View lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at attractions in the Glenbrook area.Buy annual pass