Glenbrook area in Blue Mountains National Park
With great river views of Fairlight Gorge, Nepean lookout boasts birdwatching and scenic wildflowers on a sightseeing car tour in Glenbrook, Blue Mountains National Park.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Opening times
If you’re driving into the Glenbrook area, the gates are open:
- First Sunday in October to first Sunday in April 8.30am to 7pm
- Rest of year 8.30am to 6pm
Millions of years ago, the river etched a path through the sandstone, creating the magnificent Fairlight Gorge. Today, you can admire the resulting landscape and scenic mountain views from Nepean lookout, in Blue Mountains National Park. It’s a great pit stop on a car touring sightseeing trip to the scenic Glenbrook area.
A short and easy track leads to the unfenced lookout where you can gaze down the steep tree-lined gorge on your left and Nepean River on the right. Admire the magnificent angophoras, with distinctive salmon-coloured bark that grow nearby. Spring is a fabulous time to visit as the surrounding heath erupts with colour and fragrance. This is a birdwatcher’s paradise, with silvereyes, thornbills and striated pardalotes often seen flitting among the trees.
Pull out the thermos for a cuppa as you take in the panoramic views. While in the Glenbrook area, why not check out the fascinating Aboriginal stencil art at Red Hands Cave or challenge yourself by taking Jack Evans walking track down to Erskine Creek.
Take a virtual tour of Nepean lookout captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in the Glenbrook area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- From the first Sunday in October to the first Sunday in April: park gates are open 8.30am to 7pm.
- Rest of the year: park gates are open 8.30am to 6pm.
$8 per vehicle per day applies at the Bruce Road entrance to the Glenbrook area. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.Buy annual pass
Things to do (121)
- 4WD touring (4)
- Aboriginal culture (6)
- Adventure sports (13)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (16)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (3)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (9)
- Environmental appreciation/study (4)
- Fishing (2)
- Historic heritage (8)
- Other experiences (9)
- Photography (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (14)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (4)
- Sightseeing (62)
- Swimming (9)
- Walking (66)
- Waterfalls (31)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)