Applies from Sat 17 Oct 2020, 10.59pm. Last reviewed: Fri 22 Sep 2023, 5.27pm
Closed areas: North Head partial closure
Some parts of North Head in Sydney Harbour National Park are closed due to fire damage and geological instability. The closed areas include:
- Bluefish Point
- Wastewater Treatment Plant emergency access road
The following areas, and the bushland surrounding them, are also closed due to steep and unstable ground:
- Old Man's Hat
- Cannae Point
- Quarantine Head
Do not enter the closed areas.
Open areas include:
- Q Station
- North Head Sanctuary and Bella Vista Cafe (entry via North Fort)
- The track between Shelly Beach and Bluefish Drive
- Bluefish Drive to the Avenue of Honour
- Collins Flat Beach
- Fairfax track
- Burragula and Yiningma lookouts
Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, please contact the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757 or Sydney North area office on 02 9451 3479 between 9.30am and 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Affects 1 park and 5 locations nearby.