Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bullocks Hut.
Getting there and parking
Bullocks Hut is in the southern part of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Leave Jindabyne on Kosciuszko Road
- Turn left onto Alpine Way after 3km
- Travel 17km to the turn-off for Bullocks Flat Skitube Terminal
- Park in the far left corner (carpark D) to access the walking track
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
The closest parking to Bullocks Hut is at Bullocks Flat Skitube Terminal, carpark D. It's then an easy 500m walk to the Hut.
- Non-flush toilets
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass