Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Bullocks Hut.
Getting there and parking
Bullocks Hut is in the Thredbo area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Leave Jindabyne on Kosciuszko Road
- After 3km, turn left onto Alpine Way towards Thredbo
- Continue around 17km then turn right at the Bullocks Flat Skitube turnoff and follow the signs to Carpark D
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
The closest parking to Bullocks Hut is at Bullocks Flat SkiTube Terminal, carpark D. From there, it's a 500m walk along a concrete path to reach the hut.
The parking at the SkiTube is asphalt and includes 3 accessible parking spaces.
There's an accessible non-flush toilet around 80m away from the hut along a concrete path.
- Non-flush toilets
The area around Bullocks Hut is step-free and mostly flat, but there are no formal pathways. You'll need to cross over grass to get around the building and down to the river.
The doorway to Bullocks Hut has a single step. People with reduced mobility may need assistance at the entrance to the building. Inside Bullocks Hut is step-free and flat.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- The area around Bullocks Hut is mostly flat and step-free, but there are no formal pathways. You'll need to cross over grass to get around the hut and to the river.
- There's a single step in the doorway of Bullocks Hut. People with reduced mobility may need assistance to enter the building. Inside the hut, the building is flat and step-free.
- There's an accessible non-flush toilet around 80m away from the hut along a concrete path.
- The nearest carpark is at Bullocks Flat SkiTube Terminal carpark D, 500m away along a concrete path. There are 3 accessible parking spaces in the carpark.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Flying a drone for recreational purposes is prohibited in this area. Drones may affect public enjoyment, safety and privacy, interfere with park operations, or pose a threat to wildlife. See the Drones in Parks policy.
This area may be a declared Drone Exclusion Zone, or may be subject to Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules for flying near airports, aerodromes and helicopter landing sites. See CASA's Drone Flyer Rules.
Commercial filming and photography
NSW national parks are no smoking areas.
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Single and Multi-Day passes are also available via the Park'nPay app. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter).
Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc). Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information.Buy annual pass