Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Historic Bullocks Hut sits idyllically on the Thredbo River, making it a scenic venue for weddings, picnics, fishing or photos in Kosciuszko National Park, near Jindabyne.
- Historic buildings/places
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park in Snowy Mountains
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Bullocks Hut is available for venue hire by contacting on 02 6450 5555. It’s also a good idea to call ahead if you’re planning a day visit to make sure the space is free.
- Please note
- Bullocks Hut is a 500m one way walk from carpark D at Bullock's Hut Skitube Terminal.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park.
Some places are so remarkable, they seem tailor made for special occasions. Bullocks Hut, not far from Jindabyne and Thredbo in Kosciuszko National Park, is just such a place.
Framed by dramatic mountains and flat grassy areas, Bullocks Hut sits scenically in a valley where the waters of the Thredbo River and Little Thredbo River meet. Built in 1934 as a fishing lodge for Dr Bullock, the hut is an ideal setting for weddings. Many couples agree - it’s not unusual to see a bride wandering past the hut, particularly in summer, or a group huddling together on the picturesque banks for a photograph.
Bullocks Hut is popular with visitors drawn by its fishing, picnic, walking and mountain biking opportunities. It’s a highlight along Bullocks track walk and within easy reach of the Thredbo Valley track, making it a great option for an afternoon ride or stroll to nearby Thredbo Diggings campground to finish off your day.
From family-friendly mountain biking or challenging technical rides, to guided tours and fishing experiences, Thredbo Valley track has options to suit everyone.
Things to do:
Reconnect with nature on a short, easy walk along Bullocks track, which follows the Thredbo River between Thredbo Diggings campground and Bullocks Hut, in Kosciuszko National Park.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Snowy Region Visitor Centre
- 8.30am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6450 5600
- 49 Kosciuszko Road, Jindabyne NSW 2627
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass