Moonpar Forest drive - Cascade National Park
Nymboi-Binderay National Park
While car touring, stop off and go walking among the trees or swimming in the river and have a picnic on Moonpar Forest drive, a 75km circuit through Cascade and Nymboi–Binderay national parks.
- Nymboi-Binderay National Park
- 75km loop
- Time suggested
- Opening times
Moonpar Forest drive is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The bridge over Nymboida River is also subject to flooding and flood damage, so check it’s open before setting off.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching.
Combining a scenic forest drive with plenty of diversions, Moonpar Forest drive is a great day out for all ages. Starting at Dorrigo, the drive takes you through Nymboi–Binderay National Park before heading for Cascade National Park. The longer you can give this driving route the better, because along the way there’s ample opportunity to get out and explore.
Enjoy morning tea at Norman Jolly picnic area before taking a stroll along Coachwood loop track, where you can marvel at the giant trees that have been growing here for 800 years. Platypus Flat campground is an ideal lunch stop, bring your swimmers because you can take a refreshing dip in the Nymboida River.
Continuing on you’ll soon enter Cascade National Park where you can spend the afternoon exploring Box Ridge walking track and Mobong walking track. You’ll also arrive at Cascade, with its old railway station before heading south towards Dorrigo to complete the loop.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Nymboi-Binderay National Park in the North Coast region
Nymboi-Binderay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.