Norman Jolly picnic area
Nymboi-Binderay National Park
Enjoy a picnic among tall old-growth trees and historic logging relics at Norman Jolly picnic area in Nymboi-Binderay National Park, not far from Dorrigo.
- Picnic areas
- Nymboi-Binderay National Park in North Coast
The first thing you’ll notice at Norman Jolly picnic area is the gigantic old-growth trees, the largest of which stand up to 55 metres tall and a couple of metres wide. They are thought to be up to 800 years old and make this a scenic and peaceful place to picnic and relax for the afternoon. If you have time, walk the easy Coachwood loop track which starts from the picnic area.
Dedicated to 19th century forester Norman Jolly who made an important contribution to the teaching and practice of forestry in Australia, you’ll notice a couple of historic logging arches that are relics of a time when this land was logged.
Platypus Flat campground is close by if you want to stay overnight or follow Moonpar Forest drive for a scenic return trip to Dorrigo.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Nymboi-Binderay National Park in the North Coast region
Nymboi-Binderay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (35)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (14)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Canoeing/paddling (1)
- Cycling (3)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (6)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (3)
- Sightseeing (19)
- Surfing (1)
- Swimming (1)
- Visitor centres (1)
- Walking (20)
- Waterfalls (14)