Mobong walking track
Cascade National Park
The delightful walk along Mobong walking track, only an hours' drive from Coffs Harbour, takes in magnificent rainforest, a historic logging tramway and picturesque waterholes.
- Cascade National Park in North Coast
- 5km return
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- Opening times
Mobong walking track is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching.
The first 500m of Mobong walking track follows a historic tramway that was once used when the area was logged for timber. You’ll even walk across old sleepers along the path. The trail then follows Mobong Creek, with its waterfalls and serene pools. All around, lush rainforest trees tower above the path, while at ground level old stumps are another reminder of bygone days.
Along the way, listen carefully for the shy lyrebird, whose call mimics sounds from their environment. You might also hear some of the rare frogs living in the leaf litter of the forest.
For the final 800m of the walk, you’ll travel through Wild Cattle Creek State Forest, finishing at a picnic area, so make sure you bring along some sandwiches for a relaxing break before retracing your steps. On the way back join the Box Ridge walking track to view the huge ancient brush box trees.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Cascade National Park in the North Coast region
Cascade National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.