Applies from Tue 31 Mar 2020, 12.00pm. Last reviewed: Tue 22 Nov 2022, 2.37pm.
Closed areas: Closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park
A number of sites in Kosciuszko National Park are closed or may have other restrictions until further notice.
Post-Winter closures due to wet weather trail conditions (closed until further notice)
The following roads are closed:
- Goobragandara Powerline Road
- Geehi Walls Trail
- Major Clews Trail
- Geehi Dam / Olsens Road
- BlackJack Trail
- Manjar Trail
The following campgrounds are closed:
- Dubbo Flat
Detour due to construction works
- Kings Cross Road and Tumut Ponds Fire Trail - access only via Snow Ridge Road near Cabramurra. No access from Link Road through Selwyn Snow Resort.
Some sections of Kosciuszko National Park which burnt during the 2019/2020 fires remain closed. These areas include:
- Kiandra Court House
- Wolgal Hut
- Pattinson's Hut and Matthew's Cottage
- Cabramurra township
- Selwyn Snow Resort
- Selwyn Snow Resort is being rebuilt following fire damage, and is currently a construction site. For your safety, public access to this area is strictly prohibited and all signage in this area must be followed.
Huts that burnt down in the 2020 fires. The location is open but there is no hut/building:
- Bradley/O'Briens Hut, Brooks Hut, Delaneys Hut, 4 Mile Hut, Happy's Hut, Harveys Hut, Linesman's No.3 Huts, Round Mountain Hut, Vickeries Hut and Dry Dam Ski Shelter.
- Please take care as there may be broken glass/nails that are uncovered since NPWS made records and cleaned up these sites.
- Please do not disturb the sites or remove artefacts.
Tantangara Road and Tantangara Dam access - Snowy 2.0 works:
- Access to the southern end of Tantangara Reservoir via Quarry trail is closed to the public.
- Access to the southern end boat ramp is open but may be subject to short-term closures.
- Current boating and camping access to Tantangara Reservoir will still be available at access points on the northern end of the reservoir, via Port Phillip and Dam trails.
Do not enter closed areas in Kosciuszko National Park. Penalties apply for non-compliance. For more information, contact the local NPWS office.