Perkins Flat campground
High Plains area in Kosciuszko National Park
Campground booking required
You will need to plan ahead and make a booking if you'd like to stay at this campground.
Remote Perkins Flat campground is in the High Plains area of Kosciuszko National Park. Access is by 4WD. There’s no winter road access between the June and October long weekends.
Access is via Long Plain Road only. You cannot reach this campground via Brindabella Valley because there is a locked gate.
This is a basic campground with no facilities. Please ensure toilet areas are at least 100m from waterways and 15cm deep. You can reduce your impact on the environment by taking your waste with you in a suitable container that can be sealed and carried out of the park.
Bookings are required. Book online or call the National Parks Contact Centre on 1300 072 757.
These maps give a basic overview of park attractions and facilities, and may not be detailed enough for some activities. We recommend that you buy a topographic map before you go exploring.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Tumut Region Visitor Centre
- 9am to 5pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6947 7025
- The Old Butter Factory, 5 Adelong Road, Tumut NSW 2720
- in the High Plains area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
Long Plain Road and Tantangara Road (beyond the dam wall) are closed in winter from June to October long weekends. This period may be extended so it’s a good idea to contact the Tumut Visitor Centre. Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
No park entry fees apply in the High Plains area. See vehicle entry fees for other areas in Kosciuszko National Park.Buy annual pass
Things to do (36)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Adventure sports (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (2)
- Cafes and kiosks (1)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (3)
- Historic heritage (5)
- Horse riding (3)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (4)
- Show cave tours (6)
- Sightseeing (6)
- Snow sports (2)
- Swimming (6)
- Visitor centres (2)
- Walking (17)
- Waterfalls (3)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (2)