Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Ngarigo campground.
Getting there and parking
Ngarigo campground is in the alpine area of Kosciuszko National Park. To get there:
- Leave Jindabyne on Kosciuszko Road
- Turn left onto Alpine Way after 3km
- The campground is on Alpine Way, approximately 23km from Jindabyne on the right.
All 2WD vehicles need to carry snow chains in winter, between June and October long weekends, on:
- Kosciuszko Road (to Perisher)
- Guthega Road
- Alpine Way between Thredbo and Tom Groggin
Snow chains are recommended for all vehicles driving in the park, including 4WD and AWD, in the event of extreme weather. Read our snow driving in Kosciuszko tips.
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Snow chains required after snow
Parking is available at Ngarigo campground.
- Water is not available at this campground.
- Firewood is not provided. Firewood and ice are available at Jindabyne or Thredbo.
- Rubbish bins are not available, so please take your rubbish with you when leaving.
- Non-flush toilets
- Wood barbecues (bring your own firewood)
- Fire rings (bring your own firewood)
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area and the toilet.
A current NSW recreational fishing licence is required when fishing in all waters.
Quiet generators are permitted in particular areas of this campground.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass