Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct
Cape Byron State Conservation Area
Venue hire conditions
Organised events that can comply with current rules on public gatherings are allowed in NSW national parks. No other events can proceed until further notice.
Please get in touch with your NPWS event contact, the relevant local park office, or email the Events team to arrange bookings, cancellations or postponements.
With its picturesque and historic backdrop, Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is one of NSW’s most beautiful and historic wedding venues. It’s an ideal spot to consider if you’re looking for event venue hire.
- Venue is suitable for
- Wedding reception
- Maximum people: 100
- Drinking water
For fee information, please email the Events and Venues Unit or
phone (02) 9585 6570.
- Venue not available for exclusive hire
- A completed application form should be received at least 6 months in advance of the event in order to assure availability of your preferred venue and date(s) and adequate time for the review process by NPWS. Initial assessment of the event application, site plan and supporting documentation may take 2-3 weeks. Please contact the Events and Venues Unit for information regarding cancellations.
- Other Information
Filming and photography shoots on application.
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is situated on the most easterly point of the Australian mainland, and is a very special and unique part of Australia. It’s no wonder it’s also a popular place for weddings and other events.
The area surrounding Cape Byron Lighthouse provides not only one of NSW’s most beautiful, but also historic backdrops to any special event. Built at the turn of the 19th century to protect ships passing along the coast, Cape Byron Lighthouse was operated by resident keepers until 1989, and its now automated light is clearly visible from the Byron Bay township.
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct offers spectacular views to the north and south coasts and to the hinterland, so both you and your guests are sure to be impressed with your choice of venue hire.
- in Cape Byron State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
- Cape Byron State Conservation Area is open all hours, but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct is open 8am to sunset.
- The Maritime Museum in the former Lighthouse Keeper’s office at the base of the lighthouse is open 10am to 4pm daily.
- Opening before 8am for events or disabled access can be arranged by prior notice – contact NPWS Byron Bay office during business hours 02 6639 8300.
Park entry fees:
Cape Byron Lighthouse precinct and Information Centre: $8 per vehicle per hour/$4 per hour motorcycles. Maximum 1 hour per vehicle per calendar day, including all NPWS annual passholders.
Captain Cook lookout, Cosy Corner, and The Pass: $4 per vehicle/motorcycle per hour. Pay and display machines - cash and credit cards accepted.
Coach entry: $26 per coach up to 30 seats; $50 per coach 31 to 43 seats; $83 per coach 44 seats and over.Buy annual pass