Yulludunida walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
Yulludunida walking track is a challenging 3km, 2 hour return hike in Mount Kaputar National Park offering panoramic scenic views across North West NSW.
- Mount Kaputar National Park
- 3km return
- Time suggested
- 1 - 2hrs
- Grade 4
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- There is 3km of formed track, which ends at the dingo-proof fence. Then it's a scramble over rocks at the top.
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
Yulludunida walking track is an exhilarating 3km, 2 hour return hike. This hard walk from Green Camp carpark takes you up the side of the steep bluff, a heart-pumping 350-metre rise in altitude. Adventurous and experienced bushwalkers will be rewarded with uninterrupted 360° views across Mount Kaputar National Park and North West NSW.
Yulludunida walking track includes a breathtaking bird’s eye view of the mountain’s crater, one of the most impressive examples of a ring dyke in Australia. You'll notice the woodland trees become sparser as the contorted shapes of the crater appear.
It’s a steep climb up the stairs through woodland to the top of the ridge. Crossing an old dingo-proof fence, the landscape opens up to a spectacular rocky panorama that looks like it is straight out of central Australia. Keep watching while bushwalking for scurrying lizards, patrolling birds of prey and hardy heath wildflowers growing out of bare rock.
Retrace your steps to Green Camp and enjoy a well-earned lunch at the picnic tables.
Green Camp in Mount Kaputar National Park, in north west NSW, is the start of the incredible Yulludunida walking track.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.