Mount Kaputar National Park
Green Camp in Mount Kaputar National Park, in north west NSW, is the start of the incredible Yulludunida walking track.
- Picnic areas
- Mount Kaputar National Park in Country NSW
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well prepared for your visit.
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
Green Camp in Mount Kaputar National Park, is the base for walkers hiking the spectacular Yulludunida walking track. Near Narrabri in North West NSW, this remote picnic area is popular with adventurous bushwalkers and offers a scenic lookout for nature lovers and photographers.
It’s a great place to organise yourself before setting out on a hiking adventure. It’s also a great vantage point to take in the impressive views of the Yulludunida bluff as it changes colours in the light.
The low-altitude woodland that surrounds Green Camp is covered in a blanket of lovely gold and purple pea flowers come spring. Be sure to keep your eyes open for glimpses of the endangered population of Australian brush-turkeys.
Google Street View Trekker
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.
- in Mount Kaputar National Park in the Country NSW region
Mount Kaputar National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (40)
- 4WD touring (1)
- Aboriginal culture (4)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (9)
- Cycling (3)
- Educational activities (1)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (8)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (28)
- Swimming (1)
- Walking (21)
- Waterfalls (4)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (6)