Yulludunida walking track
Mount Kaputar National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Yulludunida walking track.
Features of this track
1 - 2hrs
Quality of markings
Some bushwalking experience recommended
Quality of path
Formed track, some obstacles
Getting there and parking
Yulludunida walking track is in the Kaputar Plateau precinct of Mount Kaputar National Park. To get there:
- Yulludunida walking track begins at Green Camp
- From Narrabri take Old Gunnedah Road south
- After about 2.5km turn left onto Kaputar Road
- Follow Kaputar Road for 27km to Mount Kaputar National Park entrance
- Green Camp is 7km from the park entrance on the right
The road from the park entrance is steep and a single lane. Caravans are not permitted.
Parking is available at Green Camp.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Mount Kaputar National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
This is one of the best times of year to visit the park, with ideal temperatures for bush walking, cycling and camping.
A beautiful time of year to enjoy the abundant wildflowers and birds.
Escape the heat of the plains by heading up into the park.
Experience the mist surrounding the high plateau area and enjoy the beauty of the occasional blanketing of snow. Be prepared for the temperatures about 10°C cooler than in the nearby town of Narrabri.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
21°C and 35°C
7°C and 18°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
Rock climbing is permitted, but it is essential that you review all safety information prior to leaving.
- Narrabri office
- Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 4.30pm.
- 02 6792 7300
- Level 1, 100 Maitland Street, Narrabri NSW 2390. Accessible via Dewhurst Street.