Wentworth Falls track
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
If you're heading to the Blue Mountains, Wentworth Falls track rewards bushwalkers with grand valley views from Fletchers lookout before reaching the top of popular Wentworth Falls waterfall.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- No wheelchair access
- 1.4km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- Please note
- Please take care and stay on the track as there are hidden cliff edges in this area of the park. Children should be supervised.
- This track has sections of steep stairs that are not suitable for prams.
- Download the free NSW National Parks app for iPhone or Android to use the park's maps and information without mobile reception.
This short but steep walk from Wentworth Falls picnic area is well worth the effort. Follow the level path past Jamison and Wentworth lookouts before descending around 200 steps to the cliff-edge Fletchers lookout. Marvel at the waterfall that gives Wentworth Falls its name, as it plunges 100m to the valley floor.
From here, it's a few more minutes down steps to the very top of the Falls, where Jamison Creek cascades into a shallow pool to one side and the magnificent Jamison Valley opens out on the other.
Make your way back via the same route, or continue for a minute along National Pass to take in exhilarating views and wonder at this incredible feat of engineering, before backtracking to the picnic area. If you're feeling energetic, combine Wentworth Falls track with the short Weeping Rock circuit, the varied Undercliff track or historic Princes Rock lookout track.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
The free NSW National Parks app lets you download maps and explore parks, things to do and places to stay—all without mobile reception.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.