Wentworth Falls picnic area
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Wentworth Falls picnic area is a scenic spot for lunch before exploring the many lookout views and walking tracks in this popular part of Blue Mountains National Park.
- Picnic areas
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park in Sydney and surrounds, Country NSW
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
You'll feel on top of the world at this picture perfect spot with world-class views, near Wentworth Falls, in Blue Mountains National Park. Wentworth Falls picnic area is a great base to explore the lush world of rainforests and waterfalls along a range of spectacular walking tracks to suit all the family.
There's room for the kids to play as you unroll the picnic blanket at this scenic clifftop spot. The fresh mountain air will pique your appetite, so enjoy a hearty lunch among the banksias and gum trees. Be sure to take in the views from Jamison lookout, opposite the picnic area.
If you're after a post-lunch stroll, follow the track to Fletchers lookout and on to Wentworth Falls waterfall or Weeping Rock. The longer Overcliff-Undercliff track is a medium loop along the dramatic cliff edge to the Valley of Waters. An ideal area for birdwatching, you might hear riotous flocks of sulphur-crested cockatoos or glimpse a rare peregrine falcon cruising the valley thermals.
Take a virtual tour of Wentworth Falls picnic area captured with Google Street View Trekker.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Bush Trackers was created to encourage children to engage with the environment in and around the Greater Blue Mountains World Heritage area. This program highlights the natural and cultural splendour of the greater Blue Mountains through education initiatives and bushwalks.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre and Blackheath office
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 4787 8877
- 270 Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW 2785
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.